King of Greystones 2022 Triathlon Terms & Conditions
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – KING OF GREYSTONES 2022
ALL ENTRANTS TO KOG2022 MUST FAMILIARISE THEMSELVES WITH THIS DISCLAIMER AND INDICATE THEIR ACCEPTANCE OF IT.
KOG2022 (King of Greystones 2022) Event is at the Participant’s own risk.
- In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I agree that I enter the race at my own risk and that (to the fullest extent permitted by the law) no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any expense, accident, injury or loss to me, prior to, during or after the event
- The King of Greystones/The Gavin Glynn Foundation shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising from an event of Force Majeure.
- The King of Greystones/The Gavin Glynn Foundation, An Garda Siochana, Greystones County Council, event sponsors, event volunteers, event officials shall not be liable to the participant for any loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the participant, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the participant taking part in the activity; or for any loss of business; revenue or profit; loss of reputation; anticipated savings or wasted expenditure.
- The King of Greystones/The Gavin Glynn Foundation will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
- The Participant irrevocably agrees to hold harmless, indemnify and reimburse the organisers from and for any sum, costs or expenses (including legal and professional fees) incurred, payable or paid by the organisers to any person (including the Participant and/or any of the Participant’s insurers) in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury (including death) arising out of the participant’s participation in the event or any part thereof.
- Outdoor challenge participation on public roads/areas will be undertaken entirely at the risk of the participant, organisers and sponsors cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage caused to participants and/or third parties.
- I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment during the King of Greystones 2021 Triathlon, and its related activities.
- I accept that King of Greystones 2022 Triathlon reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions of entry should circumstances require.
- I hereby grant full permission to King of Greystones Triathlon to use and reproduce any images or recordings whatsoever, fixed or moving, taken of me at this event for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to, the advertising, promotion or exploitation of the event (and future events) through the medium of television, film, video or other media broadcasts. This permission is considered unlimited and may be used the world throughout. I confirm that all intellectual property in connection any such images or recordings shall remain the property of King of Greystones Triathlon and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in King of Greystones Triathlon, these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof, and I consent to the signing of all reasonable documentation required to give effect thereto.
- -Participating in this event is physically demanding and potentially hazardous, and I am aware that I should not enter and participate unless I am physically and medically able and properly trained. I confirm that I have no physical or medical disabilities or impairments which would endanger myself or others taking part.
- Hard shell helmets must be worn during the cycle leg. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that bicycles are in safe working order
- Participants must be 16 years of age on race day.
- This is intended to be participatory, fun and keep the community active and engaged.
- Athletes must obey the rules of the road just like at any other sanctioned event
- Use common sense when deciding when and where to participate
- Wear reflective gear if competing at dusk or dawn
- Don’t bike in high traffic areas
- Do not swim on your own.
By purchasing this entry, you understand and accept the implications of this disclaimer.
SWIM PROFICIENCY DECLARATION
I have completed a continuous outdoor swim of at least two-thirds of the length of the competition swim within 30 days of the event.
I am aware of open water swim safety guidelines and will not swim alone.
SWIMKOG EVENT 2022 – Please read the terms and conditions of entry and indicate your acceptance below:
In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I agree that I enter this event otherwise known as SWIMKOG 2022 at my own risk and that (to the fullest extent permitted by the law) no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any expense, accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
In particular, I confirm that neither The Gavin Glynn Foundation their officers, employees or associates, event sponsors, event volunteers, event officials or agents shall be, nor shall be deemed to be, responsible or liable (whether in contract or in tort or under any statute whatsoever), for any pain and suffering, injury, illness or other mishap to myself sustained in, or arising from or out of, or in any way directly or indirectly connected with the event; and I, for myself, my heirs and executors, hereby expressly waive, release and forever discharge all of the above named from any liability arising out of my participation in this event. I understand that this waiver includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
I acknowledge that none of the above named shall be liable for the actions of any spectators or other third parties.
I understand that participating in this event is physically demanding and may constitute a risk of serious injury to myself including permanent paralysis or death, and that I should not enter and participate unless I am physically and medically able and properly trained.
I understand the inherent risks and hazards associated with open water swimming and fully accept these, including exposure to cold water, exhaustion, bacteria, pollutants, wind and weather changes.
I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to acquaint myself with these risks and hazards and that none of the organisers are responsible for appraising me of same.
I voluntarily and knowingly recognise, accept, and assume this risk and warrant to The Gavin Glynn Foundation that I am physically fit and able to compete in the event and I confirm that I have no physical or medical disabilities or impairments which would endanger myself or others taking part.
To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions so far as possible.
By excepting below you are accepting the above Waiver and Release from Liability.