Outdoor challenge participation on public roads/areas will be undertaken entirely at the risk of the participant, organisers and sponsors cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage caused to participants and/or third parties.
This is intended to be participatory, fun and keep the community active and engaged.
· Athletes must obey the rules of the road just like at any other sanctioned event
· Use common sense when deciding when and where to participate
· Wear reflective gear if competing at dusk or dawn
· Don’t bike in high traffic areas
· Do not swim on your own.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – KING OF GREYSTONES
ALL ENTRANTS TO VKOG2021 MUST FAMILIARISE THEMSELVES WITH THIS DISCLAIMER AND INDICATE THEIR ACCEPTANCE OF IT BY SIGNING BELOW.
VKOG2021 (King of Greystones 2021) Event is at the Participant’s own risk.
• The King of Greystones/The Gavin Glynn Foundation shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising from an event of Force Majeure.
• The King of Greystones/The Gavin Glynn Foundation shall not be liable to the participant for any loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the participant, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the participant taking part in the activity; or for any loss of business; revenue or profit; loss of reputation; anticipated savings or wasted expenditure.
• The King of Greystones/The Gavin Glynn Foundation will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
• The Participant irrevocably agrees to hold harmless, indemnify and reimburse the organisers from and for any sum, costs or expenses (including legal and professional fees) incurred, payable or paid by the organisers to any person (including the Participant and/or any of the Participant’s insurers) in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury (including death) arising out of the participant’s participation in the event or any part thereof.
By purchasing this entry, you understand and accept the implications of this disclaimer.
SWIM PROFICIENCY DECLARATION
I have completed a continuous swim indoors or outdoors of the length of the competition swim within 30 days of the event;
I have completed a continuous outdoor swim of at least two-thirds of the length of the competition swim within 30 days of the event;
I am aware of open water swim safety guidelines and will not swim alone.